My Family

My Family
Aren't they cute?

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stay at Home Mom or Working Mother?

I knew I wanted to be a stay at home mother when I first learned I was pregnant with my son.  I loved the idea of creating a loving warm home environment for my husband and kids.  I stayed at home for two years, then with our move back to California went back to work for two years.  Now I have the best of both worlds.   I work part time as a bookkeeper, substitute teacher and a substitute noon aide but around the kids’ schedule.  Which was harder staying at home or working away from home?  I can answer honestly that both situations were hard.  I wanted to be home but liked the challenge of working. When I worked, I missed my babies and worried about the care they were receiving from the nanny.

I don’t expect the debate to be settled with this entry.  Instead I hope that you find humor in the following cartoons. I hope you think about the best thing for you as a mother and for your kids before making the decision to stay home or work.




No comments:

Post a Comment