My Family

My Family
Aren't they cute?

Friday, December 31, 2010

Written Expression

We teach Kyle to use his words rather than his fists.  Before he started 1st grade, I had him keep a journal to document our summer adventures.  These two coping techniques have created a unique way for Kyle to express his frustration with the adults around him; he writes us notes.  His notes allow him to safely express his anger.  Once he writes down his feelings, I usually do not have to address the issue. He seems to be satisfied with writing down his emotions. 

Truthfully, I think his notes are funny.  Yes, he is learning how to use language appropriately.  Yes, they serve a therapeutic purpose.  But...they are amusing to me. 

                                                                    November 27, 2010
Dear Mommy,
      Won't you please look once with me and if you don't, I will get tired looking by myself  Won't you just please look with me?  Just do it.

 When I get mad with you, you always put me in a time out.  I don't like it. Stop putting me in a time out.

         Can you always say yes.  I want you to by me infinity toys.  Next time, be nice and just do it what I say.

                           Signed,
                              Kyle 
__________________________________________________________________

                                   P.S. Yours
Dear Mommy, 
         Just put on tumblebooks.  I want you to do what I say.  So say yes, not no.  I want some junk food.  No mor healthy allowed.

When I Look at you, it mean that you sold me out.  Just do it.  Let me do whatever I want.

                So I am mad at you.  Don't find me in this house or you are trash/junk.

                       Signed,
                        Kyle 




                   

No comments:

Post a Comment